Reasons to be cheerful
Yeah. It’s in the morning before work and I’m not very chirpy. I won’t likely feel more like writing at lunchtime either. So let’s put on a lopsided grimace that must pass for a smile and list some reasons to be happy.
- I don’t have to do jury duty today.
- No pondering what reasonable doubt is today.
- Yay work today. There are other things I would rather do. But work pays.
- No listening intently to evidence in court today.
- I don’t have to jury duty today.
- No jury duty today.
Yep I like no jury duty. Yes it is an important civic duty and the hours are pretty good but the pay is pretty lousy and it often feels less than rewarding and you don’t get to decide what to do just ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’.
So yay normal work!