Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power – to rant about fouling.
The question: “You have the power to enact a single law. What would it be?”
In such a fantasy I would banish dog dirt from the streets and parks of the world. Not just pick it up after but banish public defecation altogether.
Maybe just make it vanish as it falls and before it touches anything!
I know this is not possible.
People love their pets. I wouldn’t want to deprive them of their pets. Pets need to poo. Picking up dog-doo is no fun I’m sure. That’s why I wouldn’t have a dog as I don’t want to pick up their droppings. Everyone really hates the stuff. But still I fantasize about a world where I don’t have to worry about walking crap around my home after a walk or a run. Then I might drop some food on the floor. From where it could end up in my mouth. And poison me with Toxicara and give me dog poo blindness. Here is a fun video.
There is a park near me I have nicknamed ‘Dog Poo Park’. It has a ring to it. You can guess why. It’s popular with pet owners to take their charges there to empty them. The picking up part is not so popular. It takes vigilance in watching where you step to manage to come home faeces free from there. Lately the park is not so bad it’s the one way in, a bridge where the danger lies. ‘Dog Poo Bridge’ doesn’t have quote the same ring to it. I would enact a law where pooping is just not allowed there.
I have noticed in my visits to another County that the pavements are quite risky there as well. Every pavement has a chicane of dirt to be dodged around. Those streets are not paved with gold. No. They seem mostly brown with dirt. I’m not sure if the folk of the region wanted to give me that impression of their locale but there it is. Welcome to our country, where the streets are paved with turd.
I’m pretty sure people might complain if I went to toilet on the footpath or in the park. Or in your front garden. So why let pets do it? It seems to be the done thing to take your dog ‘Out for a poo’ but why allow that? Having to see dogs excreting everywhere is not what I want in my life.
Does anyone train their animal to do it in a certain area of their garden? Is that possible? Cats can’t be trained much but they can be taught to do their business in a cat litter so why not dogs? I’m not suggesting inside but not on the street please people!
There we have it. My little rant. I’m not going to change anyone I know. But just a little dog mess free fantasy.
- Dog owners urged to pick up after their pets (lightmoorlife.co.uk)
- Your poo is in the post: dog problem solved – video (theweek.co.uk)
- ‘CCTV warning’ to combat dog fouling (bbc.co.uk)
- Coventry council cleans up from blitz on dog fouling (coventrytelegraph.net)
- BBC News: Eight radical solutions to the problem of dog mess
- Daily Prompt: New Law In The USA (Maybe) (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Rita Rants (firstworldmother.wordpress.com)
- I have the power (maddsuspicions.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: You’ve got the power Post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)