Is there a painting or sculpture you’re drawn to? What does it say to you? Describe the experience. (Or, if art doesn’t speak to you, tell us why.)
Art doesn’t tend to ‘speak to me’ that much. That’s not to say I don’t like art. I like a nice painting or sculpture but I’m no connoiseur of fine art. I just don’t have the knowledge.
This beautiful painting evokes for me a memory of one of my first ‘Dates’ with Emma in the city of York. It was raining that day but not enough to spoil our day. I like the way the artist has captured the look of the wet city and the romance of the couple walking together. We visited the great York Minster and this painting reminds me of the wet streets near the minster. And us. Together.
That’s why I bought the print and hung it in my living room. It makes me happy. 🙂
The painting is Boardwalk By Brent Heighton
- Daily Prompt: My Eye Today Is On This Artwork (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (diaryofdennis.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- The Artist’s Eye: La Petite Danseuse de Quatorze Ans (khanasweb.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (thebloggingpath.com)
- Thursday Thoughts – The Joy of Art (tommiastablet.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt; The Artist’s Eye (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- 27|6 Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)