Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow Ash Dieback
The condition of this once beautiful tree foreshadows its death. Being an ash tree it’s probably the dread ‘ash dieback’, Chalara fraxinea.
I’ve always admired its form even in winter. Imagine this scene without the ash tree. Soon I won’t have to imagine.
Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of the ash tree at its summer best, maybe with golden morning light on it. It’s a shame. I have always liked its shape and colour but soon the tree will have to be cut down before it falls. The damage doesn’t look so bad from this side. For now. But its doom is foreshadowed.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (thelintinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Foreshadow (12books12months.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (Storm in the Rockies) (skpfoto.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Foreshadow (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:Foreshadow (caughtbytheeyeofmankind.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge (Foreshadow) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: foreshadow (alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (ohthethingsweshallsee.com)
- Save the ash? Half of us can’t even recognise an oak (independent.co.uk)