3 Quick Things I do to be Happier
For a while now I have been reading books and blogs about happiness. Which is what people are generally striving for whether it is by having more money or the perfect partner etc.. However there are some habits you can form which could offer a shortcut. These are the three I’m still doing every day when I get up. It only takes 5 minutes out of my day.
1. Drink a mug of water when you get up. Really easy. It’s the first thing I do. You body will be pretty dehydrated after 9 hours with no food or drink so lets address that straight away. If you’re better hydrated you will feel better all day. One minute to fill a mug or glass and chug it down seems well worth it.
2. Mindfulness Meditation. If I haven’t got much time I will do a three minute guided mindfulness meditation. If I have more time I’ll do ten minutes. It is scientifically proven to make you happier and really easy. Download links here: Free Mindfulness Meditation mp3. More about how Mindfulness can make you happier.
3. Find the happy face app. If you have an android or apple smart phone you can get a free app called psychmeup. It takes about a minute. There is science behind it and I can feel myself smiling as I tap on the smiling faces. Well worth the time.
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (sojustsayit.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (lumar1298.wordpress.com)
- Meditation Challenge: The End and The Beginning (selfactualisation.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (caughtbytheeyeofmankind.wordpress.com)
- Staying in Focus:Weekly Writing Challenge: My Rocky Road (patcoyle53.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write/ Going away to be whole again (anexerciseindiscipline.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (saturn1ascends.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge; Fit to Write (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Fit to Write (nurchariroh14.wordpress.com)