Jane McGonigal and Super Better
More than a year ago I saw this inspiring video and I put it on my list of things to look at later. I got around to it in the end. I think it’s well worth writing about.
The video is 19 minutes but will make you live 7 minutes longer. That is 7 free minutes of watching! You decide if the other 12 are worth it. The claim is you could live 10 years longer by playing her game.
She talks about how games can make us better. She also talks about her own story and how a game she made help her recover from a brain injury. It is uplifting and I enjoyed watching and hearing her story. I think it is worth a watch.
As for the superbetter game, I have been trying it and it is easy to do and fun. I’m not sure if it will help me but it’s fun for now. Give it a try. Help a relative or friend to play it. It might help. The challenges are as easy as chugging a glass of water or hugging yourself or looking out of a window. One of my missions is ‘Find the Awesome’. Sounds good!
- She has a wordpress blog: http://janemcgonigal.com/
- Jane McGonigal and Reality is Broken (eng380newmedia.wordpress.com)
- A library revolution, started in part by Jane McGonigal’s TED Talk (ted.com)
- Being Awesome (bandofsisters.wordpress.com)
- Reality is Broken by Jane McGonigal (crookedusagebooks.wordpress.com)